It is the goal of the award to recognise urban transformation processes that have lived a particular city. By urban transformation process we understand the sum of actions of varying types (social, architectural, educational, urban planning-related, cultural and others) with a global impact on the city as a whole.
- Transformation capacity. The candidatures put forward must have entailed an improvement for the citizens and a transformation on an urban scale for that city.
- Simplicity and transcendence. Any candidature that combines simplicity and a high degree of transcendence for the city and its citizens will be highly valued.
- Innovation. Any candidature that had contributed new ways of facing complex situations will be highly valued.
- Ability to anticipate. The ability to anticipate future problems, challenges or scenarios will be highly valued.
- Social component. Any processes that arise from the citizens themselves will be highly valued, whether they are promoted by them or have the citizens’ involvement.
- Sustainability and durability. Any candidature that has been devised to last over time and does so according to sustainable criteria.
The deadline for submitting the candidatures to the City to City Barcelona FAD Award 2013 is 28 February 2013.
For more information and to submit your candidature, please visit the FAD-website.