Key policy priorities for the EU and Australia
CAESIE will focus on addressing three major societal challenges, which reflect key policy priorities for the EU and Australia. These areas build on existing EU-Australia cooperation activities and focus on areas of research strength and complementary capabilities. The selected areas are: clean energy, healthy ageing through enabling technology and sustainable cities.
These priority areas are broad descriptors and your project may fall within more than one of these or appear to be outside of the stated area. Therefore if you have any questions about your project and classification within the priorities then please contact CEASIE.
How CAESIE can help researchers and SMEs
- Free assistance and brokerage to establish early stage collaborative links between researchers and SMEs in Australia and Europe, for knowledge exchange and research and development (R&D).
- Funded support through Priming Grants for initial contacts between researchers and SMEs that have identified a possible collaborative relationship:
- Stage one: AU$5,000 / €4,000 to support initial meetings and discussions between researchers and SMEs (e.g. travel and meetings focussed on forming a relationship)
- Stage two: AU$5,000 / €4,000 to formalise partnerships (e.g. further travel or legal fees) and/or assist with applying for major R&D funds (Australia-Europe).
- Assistance with identifying government-funded programs and incentives in Australia and Europe for mayor project development and other opportunities for research and innovation.
More information and how to get involved
For more information, please visit the CAESIE-website.